Frequently Asked Questions
Laws Related to Elder Abuse
Statistics & Research
Community Outreach & Education
Search the Promising Practices Database
Elder Abuse in Indian Country
Native Cultures - Domestic Violence
Tribal Justice Resources
Native American Resource Centers and Clearinghouses
- National Resource Center on Native American Aging
Provides education, training, technical assistance, and research to assist in developing community-based solutions to improve the quality of life and delivery of related services to Native American elders.
- Native Elder Health Care Resource Center
NEHCRC is a national resource center, with special emphasis on culturally competent health care. This Web site includes Native American Web links and databases with health and cultural information.
- American Indian Policy Center
This Web site includes many resources on cultural issues related to elders and a great deal of information on U.S.-Tribal relations, tribal enrollment and sovereignty, and treaties.
Other Sources of Information
- US Administration on Aging
This page lists programs and resources for Native American elders.
- US Department of Justice American Indian and Alaska Native Affairs Desk
An Office of Justice Programs (OJP) effort to "enhance access to information by Federally recognized American Indian and Alaska Native tribes regarding funding opportunities, training and technical assistance, and other relevant information. Includes a link on Violence Against Women.
- American Indian and Alaska Native Roundtable on Long Term Care: Final Report 2002 PDF Web document, 120 p.
The Indian Health Service is working to support the development of long term care systems and services in American Indian and Alaska Native communities…
- Native American Caregiver Grants
Native American Caregiver Support Grantees, 2002, funded by Administration on Aging.
- Conducting Local Assessments: Locating the Needs of Elders
A publication of the National Resource Center on Native American Aging and the University of North Dakota Center for Rural Health.
- Native American Map for Elder Services: A Toolkit for Long Term Care Service Development. Focus Group Meeting
A report from the National Resource Center on Native American Aging (NRCNAA), Center for Rural Health, University of North Dakota, November 2002. NRCNAA plans to make the toolkit, in both hard copy and Web form, available soon.
Last Updated: December 7, 2006
NCEA Events and Webcasts
Clearinghouse on Abuse and Neglect of the Elderly (CANE)
Training Library for APS and Elder Abuse
Elder Abuse Listserve
Links & Directories
Calendar of Conferences
Print This Page